Covered Rocks Saddle Bag & Pocket (No. 403)
These bags were inspired by artist Andy Goldsworthy’s use of leaves and flower petals to cover rocks. The “covered rocks” circles are worked as intarsia. Inside each bag hangs a detachable pocket that can also be worn on its own. Covered Rocks pockets have an intarsia flap. Both saddle bag and pocket are knit in one piece, straps knit separately and attached.
Pattern Difficulty Level: Beginner to Advanced. Requires knowledge of knitting and purling, making I-cords, knitting on circular and double-pointed needles.
You will need to get
- Two 2 1/4 in (5.5 cm) rectangular rings
- Two 1/2 in (1 cm) round eye bolt snaps
- Four 1/2 in (1 cm) d-rings
- Two 5/8 in (2 cm) d-rings
- Two 1/2 in (1 cm) spring clips